If you’re contemplating sending me an email about how my Dear god what about the men?! page is full of nothing but broken links, contemplate no more. Relieve your worried mind. Rest easy. I have been fully apprised.
If you are new to this blog: the “Dear god what about the men?!” page contains (now defunct, apparently) links to non-IBTP blog posts addressing what I Blame the Patriarchy disdains to address, namely, why the grumpy feminists don’t feel like giving men Good Conduct Medals for not being rapists. And stuff like that. I thought it might reduce the amount of comment space that is routinely wasted in explaining male privilege to callow male commenters.
As you know, feminists expend 90% of their feminist energy giving feminism lessons to dudes. The remaining 10% is spent giving feminism lessons to other feminists (there are some feminists who give 110%. You hear about them only infrequently, and only then because they’ve scared the shit out of everyone).
Anyway, because this blog isn’t for men, I never did much with the men-page, and I have little inclination to update it now. Oddly, it appears, judging from the number of concerned messages I’ve gotten regarding the broken links, that the need for such a thing exists. In the first place, as the one would-be male commenter who ever read the FAQ has pointed out in a recent email, reading the suggested whataboutthemen articles is apparently a prerequisite for posting on this blog, but the broken links are thwarting him. Poor would-be male commenter. Caught in the spinster aunt’s infinite recursion.
Also, apparently regular people believe they can use whataboutthemen literature to educate those of their dude friends who find their killjoy feminist ways tiresome. Who knows? Maybe they can. Thus I now do what I always do when readers need something from me that I am too lazy to deliver: I pass it along to the Blametariat.
Got a link to something that bothers to take men by the hand and coddle them with gentle reassurances into contemplating the cuckoo idea that women are human beings? Or maybe you’ve got your own eloquent spiel? Post it, chiquita! This will become the new “Dear god what about the men?!” page, and I can go back to the barn and brush my horse. Or, just blow this off. I wouldn’t blame you.
Since a popular suggestion is likely to be the excellent Finally, a Feminism 101 Blog, I’ll get it out of the way first. Happy dude-coddling.